Bible27: Informational Web Site Edited & Maintained by Bobby G. Goodman Jr.
This is a series of thirteen lessons on angels. In my lessons I try to avoid speculation and design them to follow the Bible. After all, is that not what we are to believe? the word of God!
Angel 1 - Introduction: What is an angel According to the Bible usage?
Angel 2 - The Nature of Angels
Angel 3 - Manifestation of Angels
Angel 4 - Good and Evil Angels
Angel 5 - The Purpose of Good Angels
Angel 6 - Satan the Prince of Fallen Angels (Part One)
Angel 7 - Satan the Prince of Fallen Angels (Part Two)
Angel 8 - The Names of Satan
Angel 9 - Satan and Job
Angel 10 - Fallen Angels in the Old Testament
Angel 11 - Fallen Angels in the New Testament
Angel 12 - Fate of Fallen Angels Before the Flood
Angel 13 - Fate of Fallen Angels After Christ
INTRODUCTION: Angels hold an important place in scripture, and few seem to understand their nature. This lesson will take a look at the basic facts concerning angels.
I. WHAT IS AN ANGEL? HEBREWS 13:2A. A Messenger / representative of God
Hebrew - a messenger, a messenger of God
Greek - a messenger, envoy, one who is sent; In the Scriptures, both of the Old andNew Testament, one of that host of heavenly spirits that according alike to Jewish and Christian, wait upon the Monarch of the universe, and are sent by Him to earth to execute his purposes.
1. Judges 13:1-24 Delivered a message for God, Usually in the first person [as if God werespeaking].
2. Angel of the Lord, Jehovah, God.. [3, 6, 9,...]- show the relationship to God. The Angels belong to God, they were created to serve Him.
3. Confused for men [6, 8, 16, 20-21]- They had the ability to take on many physical forms and be undetectable.
4. Angels' names are a secret [17-18]
5. Angels' powers are wondrous [19-21]- their abilities are classified as "supernatural"
B. Members of a formidable Army to carry out military style missions for God - THE HOST OF GOD
Hebrew - an encampment hence an army.
- a mass of persons, especially a mass of persons organized for war.
Greek - camp-likeness, hence an army
NOTE: an angel is designated a "messenger of God" to give God the glory and the host is most often used in the Title "Lord God of Host" to give God the Glory.
1. Joshua 5:13- prince of Jehovah's host
2. 2Kings 6:8-17 horses and chariots of fire
3. Psa 68:1, 17- God's continual presence among them
4. Psa 103:21- They do God's Pleasure
5. Heb 12:22- The number of angels are beyond counting
C. Angels are superior to men- Psa 8:1-9 Heb 2:6-7
CONCLUSION: We see through these and many other Scriptures that Angels are a being more powerful then mankind but less powerful then God. God uses them to carry out His will.
. E-Mail Bob Goodman