Bible27: Informational Web Site Edited & Maintained by Bobby G. Goodman Jr.
THE FALLEN ANGELS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT
REVELATION 12:7 - 9
INTRODUCTION: In this lesson we will continue our look at the Evil Fallen Angels.
I. IMPORTANT POINTS FROM PREVIOUS LESSONS
1. Names of evil angels- Devil's angels [Rev 12:7-12], lying spirit [1King 22:21-23], evil spirit [1Sam 16:14-15] Devils or Demons [Matt 8:16], unclean spirit [Matt 10:1]
2. The Fall- Charged with folly [Job 4:17], Angels sinned [2Pet 2:1-9], Did Not keep office or habitation [Jude 6], battled God [Rev 12:7-12}
II. THE ACTIVITIES OF EVIL ANGELS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT
1. Subverted Worship of God to themselves
a. Lev 17:6-7 Israel forbidden to do so any longer
b. Duet 32:15-19 Moses prophecies of Israel doing so
c. 2Chr 11:13-17 Jeroboam drives out God's priests and appoints priest to worship demons.
d. Psa 106:33-41 Listed as one of the many sins Israel committed in rebellion against God.
e. Other Scriptures- 2King 21:5 23:24
2. Joined themselves to men and women as a familiar spirit
a. Forbidden by Law- Lev 19:31 20:6, 27, Duet 18:11
b. Saul uses one- 1Sam 28:3-19 1Chr 10:13
c. Other Scriptures- 2King 21:5-6 Isa 19:3 29:4 2Chron 33:6
3. God sent them against his enemies to punish them
a. Psa 78:40-50 against the Egyptians during 10 Plagues
b. Judges 9:23-24 Sent to bring justice for the murder of the 70 sons of Jerubbaal by Abimelech & Shechem
c. 1Sam 16:13-16, 23, 18:10 19:9- to punish Saul for Sins
e. 1King 22:1-(9-23)-40 Sent to lead Ahab to his death
. E-Mail Bob Goodman