Bible27: Informational Web Site Edited & Maintained by Bobby G. Goodman Jr.
THE FALLEN ANGELS ACTIVITIES IN THE NEW TESTAMENT
INTRODUCTION: In the last lesson we saw that fallen angels subverted worship, were familiar spirits, and used by God to punish the evil doer. This lesson we will see in the New Testament a tremendous increase in intensity and incidents of fallen angel events occur.
I. POSSESSED MEN- MATT 8:16
A. What is possession?
1. DEF: Possessed by demons - to be under the power of a demon; people whose bodies demons had entered as not only to afflict them with ills, but also to dethrone the reason and take its place themselves. Accordingly the possessed were wont to express the mind and consciousness of the demons dwelling in them.
NOTE: Good Angels went into men in Old Testament times- Ez 3:24
2. To be cured is to have the Demon Cast out- Matt 17:18
a. Which needed the right authority- Ax 19:11-20
3. Many could possess a single person- Luke 8:1-3, 30 Matt 12:43-45
4. Accounts of men, women, little boys and girls are given. Mark 7:25-29 Matt 9:32 Matt 17:14-18 Luke 8:2
B. Activities associated with possession
1. Mark 5:1-5 - Lived in the tombs, great strength Crying out, cutting himself with stones.
2. Matt 8:28-34 Exceedingly fierce - harsh, fierce, savage, dangerous.
3. Luke 8:26-29, 35 - stayed naked, driven into the wilderness, out of his mind/crazy
4. Matt 9:32-33 Caused inability to speak [dumb]
5. Matt 12:22 Caused blindness and dumbness
6. Matt 17:14-18 caused epilepsy, fainting/comas
7. Luke 9:37-43- convulsions, foam at mouth, bruising, knocking him down violently
8. Ax 16:16-18 divination and soothsaying (familiar spirit)
II. OTHER ACTIVITIES OF FALLEN ANGELS IN NEW TESTAMENT
1. Usurping Worship of God- 1Cor 10:14-22 Rev 9:18-21 Col 2:18
2. Usurping Authority of God- Rev 16:13-15
a. Teaching false doctrine- 1Tim 4:1 2Thess 2:2 1John 4:1-3 Gal 1:8 Rev 16:13-15
3. Deceiving the world- 2Cor 11:14-15 Rev 12:9
. E-Mail Bob Goodman