Bible27: Informational Web Site Edited & Maintained by Bobby G. Goodman Jr.
1. Church Discipline for Behavior Problems
2. Church Discipline for False Teaching
3. Church Discipline for Sin
CHURCH DISCIPLINE - BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS
2 Thessalonians 3:6I. 2THESS 3:6-15 WITHDRAW FROM DISORDERLY
A. Commanded in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ- not a request A COMMAND
1. Command (3853) - to transmit a message along from one to another, to declare, to announce; to command, to order, to charge
B. Withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly, Not according to Tradition received from Apostles.
1. Withdraw (4724)-to remove, withdraw oneself, to abstain from familiar intercourse with one
2. Walk (4043)-to walk: to make one's way, progress; to make due use of opportunities; to regulate one's life, to conduct oneself,
3. Disorderly (814)-disorderly, out of ranks (often so of soldiers); irregular, inordinate, immoderate pleasures; deviating from the prescribed order or rule
C. Not minding own business is a cause of misbehavior- Vrs 7-13
1. Not working is a cause
2. Busybody (4020) - to bustle about uselessly, to busy oneself about trifling, needless, useless matters; used apparently of a person officiously inquisitive about other's affairs.
D. Does Not Obey: Note & Do not Keep Company that may be ashamed
1. Company (4874)-together ,to keep company with, to be intimate with
2. Ashamed (1788)- to turn about by shame
3. Not only the disorderly but those who refuse to part company.
E. Do not count as enemy, but admonish as a brother
1. Admonish (3560)- to admonish, to warn, to exhort; of that which is to be administered for the correction of one who creates trouble in the church.
II. TITUS 3:9-15 REJECT A DIVISIVE MAN
A. Avoid foolish Disputes
1. Avoid (4026) - to turn oneself about for the purpose of avoiding something, to avoid, to shun
2. Foolish (3474 moros, ie moron)- foolish, primarily denotes "dull, sluggish", the word means morally worthless, a scoundrel, a more serious reproach than "Raca"; the latter scorns a man's mind and calls him stupid; moros scorns his heart and character; (Vines)
3. Avoid Foolish: disputes, genealogies, contentions, strivings about the Law of Moses.
B. Reject A Divisive Man After 1st and 2nd admonition
1. Reject (3868) begging to be excused, to decline, to refused, avoid, reject.
2. Divisive (141)- a follower of a false doctrine, causing division by a party spirit, factious.
3. Admonition (3559) - Calling attention to, rebuke or warning.
4. Is Warped (1612) - to turn or twist out, to turn inside out, to invert, to change for the worse, to pervert, to corrupt
5. Sinneth (264) - to be without a share in, to miss the mark, to err, be mistaken, to miss or wander from the path of uprightness and honor, to do or go wrong, to wander from the law of God, violate God's law, sin
6. Self-Condemned (843) - self-condemned, on account of doing himself what he condemns in others, (Vines)
. E-Mail Bob Goodman