Bible27: Informational Web Site Edited & Maintained by Bobby G. Goodman Jr.
INTRODUCTION: Angels, like men, can be either good or evil.
I. THERE ARE GOOD AND EVIL ANGELS - 1SAMUEL 16:14-23
A. Good Angels
1. Elect angels - 1Tim 5:21
2. Holy Angels- Rev 14:10
3. Angel of the Lord- Gen 16:17
B. Evil Angels - Psa 78:49
1. Sinful Angels- 2Peter 2:4-5
2. Out of Place- Jude 6
a. Familiar spirit- Lev 19:31 20:6
3. Devil's Angel- Rev 12:7-17
4. Charged with folly- Job 4:17
5. Evil Angels- Psa 78:49
a. Evil Spirit- 1Sam 16:14-15
6. Lying Spirit- 1King 22:21-23
7. Devils or Demons- Matt 8:16
8. Unclean Spirits- Matt 10:1
II. THE FALL OF THE EVIL ANGELS
A. Due to Sin
1. Job 4:17 charged them with folly [(8417) error]
2. 2 Peter 2:1-9 Note the use of chronological order: angels sin, flood,Sodom, then Lot
B. Nature of the sin
1. Jude 6- did not keep the office assigned to them originally- deserted [forsake] their own dwelling place
2. Note the definition of "familiar spirit"- an angel that associates with aperson, revealing things unknown to humans.
C. Waged and Lost a battle against God's angels- Rev 12:7-9
Conclusion: There are both Good and Evil Angels.
. E-Mail Bob Goodman