Bible27: Informational Web Site Edited & Maintained by Bobby G. Goodman Jr.
THE NATURE OF ANGELS (Two)
The last lesson was an introduction to Angels, this lesson we will look at some facts about the nature of angels.
I. ANGELS WERE CREATED BY GOD DURING THE 6 DAYS OF CREATION
1. A created being- Psa 148:1-5 Nehemiah 9:6
a. Notice Gen 2:1-3 both the heavens and earth AND the host of them made and created during 6 days of creation.
II. ANGELS ARE BETWEEN GOD AND MAN IN POWER AND EXISTENCE.
1. Angels are inferior to God- Psa 103:19-22 Jude 6
a. As a member of the Godhead and the Son of God, Angels are inferior toChrist- Hebrews 1:1-13
2. Angels are superior to men- Hebrews 2:6-7 2Peter 2:9-11
a. In becoming man, Jesus as a man, was made a little lower then an Angel-Hebrews 2:8-18
b. Jesus is again in his position as the superior to angels- 1Peter 3:18-22
III. ANGELS ARE SPIRITS
1. Created as spirit beings- Hebrews 1:7, 13-14 Psa 104:4
2. As spirits they do not have bodies of flesh in their natural condition-
a. They have spiritual bodies- 1Cor 15:40-58
b. They are immortal- 1Cor 15:53 Luke 20:27-40 (36)
CONCLUSION: In this lesson we have learned the following:
1. Angels are between God and Man in Power and Might
2. Angels are created beings
3. Angels are immortal
4. Angels are spiritual beings without physical bodies.
. E-Mail Bob Goodman