Bible27: Informational Web Site Edited & Maintained by Bobby G. Goodman Jr.
SATAN THE PRINCE OF FALLEN ANGELS- PART TWO (Seven)
I. Revelation 12:7-12 the Dragon, the woman, and Salvation:This is a new section and is a retelling of the event in Rev 12:1-6 from a different viewpoint, focusing on the event in heaven and Satan personally. This is an example of parallelism (Synonymous parrallelism like Hosea 11:8-9)
II. Rev 12:7-9 the war in Heaven
A. Michael the prince of God's Angels [archangel] fights with Satan and his angels . verse 7
1. Michael the archangel given responsibility to protect Israel- Dan 12:1-7
2. Satan the prince of fallen angels [archangel] Matt 9:34 12:24 Mark 3:22 Mark14:30
3. Confronted Satan over Moses' body when God sent him to bury Moses-
Jude 9, Duet 34:1-6
B.. Satan and his angels lose the battle and are cast out of heaven permanently and put down to the earth for a short time. 8-9
C. 70 given commission return [Winter 32AD] Luke 10:17-20
1. Disciples are given power over evil angels = serpents, scorpions & enemy power
2. Jesus associates it with his death John 12:31-32; John 14:30 Ruler is Satan,
John 16:11 Ruler is Judged
III. SATAN, SALVATION, THE WOMAN, CHRISTIANS, AND A SHORT TIME
A. Revelation 12:10-12 The Declaration from heaven.
1. Now is come Salvation, Power, and the Kingdom, and Jesus' authority-
2. Satan Cast down (see part 1) Devil Our Accuser [we are brethren of good angels]
a. We Christians have overcome the Devil by the blood of Christ, the word, and our loyalty even to death- Matt 16:24-27 Rev 2:10
c. This is good news for those who dwell in heaven. This is bad news for the earth because:
3 Satan has a great anger (he lost) & 2. has a short time
a. Short Time- is not a long time
- Shortly come to pass- Rev 1:1-3 [time is at hand]
- Short - little, small, few; a short time (see Mark 6:31 James 4:14
1Peter 1:6 3:20 5:10 Rev 17:10)
B. Revelation 12:13-17
1. When Satan is cast down he persecutes Israel- historically the Romans take an extreme dislike to the Jews at this time. There is trouble everywhere and it ends up with Jerusalem destroyed and all Jews cast out of Rome.
2. When Satan is thwarted from destroying Jews completely he turns to persecuting Christians [Especially the Jewish ones] (Nero 60's, Domitian 90's)
3. "that keep the commandments of God and hold the testimony of Jesus"- Christians
Note: This text gives a deeper insight to the New Testament period
WHAT WE LEARNED FROM REVELATIONS 12
IT IS A HISTORICAL ACCOUNT OF THE GOSPEL AGE
1. Starts with Israel (Judea) as the bride of God pregnant with the Christ, near the time of his birth.
2. War in heaven between Good and Evil Angels. 1/3rd of Angels cast out of heaven to earth.
3. Evil Angels persecuted Israel. The time of demon possession recorded in the gospel.
4. Jesus is born, Salvation is brought to mankind
5. Jesus returns to heaven.
6. Israel hides in the wilderness protected by God for 3 ½ years or 1260 days as Devils attempts her destruction.
7. Devil failing to destroy woman war with Christians
. E-Mail Bob Goodman