Bible27: Informational Web Site Edited & Maintained by Bobby G. Goodman Jr.
WHY WE NEED THE BIBLE
INTRODUCTION: The word revelation means to uncover. It is used in the New Testament of the revealing of the knowledge of God to mankind.
I. MAN CAN NOT UNDERSTAND GOD WITHOUT REVELATION
1. GOD thinks differently & unreachable over man- Isa 55:6-9
2. Man can't know God by his own senses- 1Cor 2:6-11
3. No Man Knows the mind of the Lord- Romans 11:33-36
4. Can only know if revealed- Matt 11:27
II. MAN'S KNOWLEDGE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE
1. Not in man to guide his own steps- Jer. 10:23
2. Looks right to man but leads to death- Prov 14:12
3. Can't count on judgment or feelings - Prov 16:2 28:26
4. Can't count on traditions or human doctrine- Matt 15:3-9
5. Can't count on people- 2Cor 11:15 1Tim 6:3-4
III. BIBLE WAS COMPLETE AND FINISHED DURING THE 1st CENTURY A.D.
1. Once and for all delivered - Jude 3
2. Contains all essential and intended knowledge- 2Tim 3:16-17 2Peter 1:3 John 20:30-31
3. The Bible is fully perfect, 100% complete- James 1:25
4. We are forbidden to modify or change the Bible- Gal 1:6-9 Rev 22:18-19 2Peter 3:14-17
CONCLUSION: Understand the status of the Bible, it is complete, unalterable, eternal, and divine- not to be corrupted by human minds.
. E-Mail Bob Goodman