Bible27: Informational Web Site Edited & Maintained by Bobby G. Goodman Jr.
CHURCH DISCIPLINE - FALSE TEACHERS
I. ROMANS 16:17-20 - CAUSING DIVISION AND OFFENSES
A. Beseech (3870 parakaleo)- to call to one's side, to call for, to summon, to admonish, to exhort, to beg, to entreat.
1. Will you join the Apostles and Jesus in this? Matt 12:25-30
B. Mark (4648) - to Mark, look at, to observe, to contemplate ; to fix one's eyes upon, to Direct one's attention to (anyone), to spy upon.
1. Not to ignore or let them do there works in secret. In our society it is no longer acceptable to "mark". Who is your master, The World or Jesus?
C. Cause (4160)- to be the authors of, the cause
1. In every division this century, the ones who caused division with their new doctrines blamed the faithful for the division. Do you buy this?
D. Division (1370)- dissension, division, A separate faction (Thayers); - a standing apart. (Vine's)
1. Unity requires agreement- Amos 3:3 1Cor 1:10
2. Teaching different doctrines means different faiths (Phil 1:27 3:16-21)
E. Offenses (4625)("scandal")- the movable stick or trigger of a trap, a trap stick, a snare; any impediment placed in the way and causing one to stumble or fall, a stumblingblock, occasion of stumbling) any person or thing by which one is (entrapped) drawn into error or sin... produces certain behavior which can lead to ruin.
1. False teacher always lead others into sin- 2Peter 2:1-3, 12-22
F. Contrary to the doctrine you have learned
1. Contrary (3844 para)- from, of at, by, besides, near; Opposite or opposed in character or purpose. (Thayers'). Denoting motion by or past a place. In the NT, implying a failure to reach the exact point of aim, a want of coincidence with something else, either from passing beside it, or falling short, or going beyond; not conformable to, contrary to against. (Zodhiates Word Study)
G. Avoid (1578 575)
1. 1578 ekklino-to turn (oneself) away, to turn away from, to keep aloof from one's society; to shun one
2. 575 apo- used of separation of a part from the whole, used of any kind of separation of one thing from another by which the union or fellowship of the two is destroyed
II. 2 JOHN 9-11 NOT STICKING WITH THE TEACHINGS OF CHRIST
A. Whoever Transgress and does not abide does not have God
1. Whosoever (3956)-each, every, any, all, the whole, everyone
a. Even if family or friends- Matt 10:34-38
b. Note that Jesus did not teach to fight the doctrine without fighting theteacher as some do.
2. Transgresses (3845)- to go by the side of, to overstep, to neglect, to violate, to transgress
3. Abide (3306)- to remain, abide in reference to place: to remain,
4. Doctrine (1322)- teaching, instruction
B. Anyone not believing "must abide in teaching to have God":
1. Do not receive into your house
2. Do not bid Godspeed (5463)- to bid to be well, bid to be glad,
3. Greets him shares his evil deeds
Conclusion: Heed Jesus' teachings on False teachers in Matt 7:15-28
. E-Mail Bob Goodman